Comprehensive Anti-Aging Treatments
Non-surgical Facelift with Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers have become one of the most popular tools in the fight against aging. Hailed by some as “liquid facelifts” dermal fillers can instantly reduce many common aging-related issues such as wrinkles, thinning lips, or hallowing cheeks, without the pain or necessary recovery time associated with cosmetic surgery.
Dermal fillers can be used to treat the following:
- Mid-face volume loss
- Fine deep wrinkles around the mouth and lips
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
- Vertical Lip Lines
- Oral Commissure
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers are injectable gels designed to fill lines, reduce wrinkles, and correct age-related volume loss in the mid-face. Here we primarily use Juvederm and Restylane products for fine wrinkles around the mouth and volume loss in the lower segment of the face and mid-face volume loss. The Newer technology also allows us to lift the entire cheek by adding volume to the cheekbone to reflect a much younger state.
Candidates for Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers can be used on all skin types except those who may have an allergy to the ingredients in Juvederm. People who are seeking to have more prominent cheekbones, youthful faces, reduce the appearance of crepe paper lips, lessen the appearance of the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, fine and deep wrinkles around the lips and mouth.
What to Expect
Candidates usually require 1-4 syringes of the filler depending on the amount of volume loss and treatment location. The dermal filler is injected subcutaneously and gently molded to shape and contour the surrounding tissue. The length of the procedure lasts approximately 1 hour. There is minimal discomfort. Usually, no topical anesthetic is required. Results are achieved and seen immediately. Juvederm Voluma lasts for 2 years and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC lasts for 1 year. There may be slight bruising at the sites of injections that resolves in 2-7 days. There is no downtime for this procedure, most people return to work the next day.
Surging popularity has spurred the creation of many different types of dermal fillers, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. While having more choice is great for experienced injectors, choosing between filler treatments can get confusing for prospective patients.
To help clear up any confusion here is a basic rundown of today’s most popular fillers:
The Trinti Procedure
The Triniti procedure is “the complete skin program” for immediate, visible, and long-lasting results.
Triniti™ is a three-step treatment, performed sequentially, during the same office visit.
With the Triniti™ skin procedure, color correction, skin tightening and focused dermal remodeling can all be achieved in a single session.
- Photofacial- Evens out skin tone and minimizes the appearance of sun-damaged, aged skin, and also reduces facial/neck redness
- Refirme Skin Tightening- Skin firming treatment designed to reduce wrinkles and give skin a smoother, more youthful appearance
- Matrix Fractional IR- A skin resurfacing treatment that refills fine lines, without harming the upper layer of skin
What are PDO Threads?
No cuts or incisions. Purely injections! The NovaThreads are needles that are pre-loaded with a PDO thread. Simply insert the whole needle in the interstitial tissue at the subdermal level, parallel to the surface of the skin, & pull the needle out. The PDO thread remains under the skin. It’s a synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. PDO sutures are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery (such as open-heart surgery). It’s one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body. Your skin fully absorbs it within 4 to 6 months & won’t leave you with any scar tissue.
How Does it Work?
In medical terms "Selective Inflammatory Response" is the principle behind a lot of aesthetic procedures (such as Fractional Laser, Chemical Peels & MicroNeedling). Our skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting NovaThreads we make it ‘heal’ itself by creating new collagen, naturally!
Your skin gently reacts to the inserted threads. During the 4 to 6 months needed to fully absorb the PDO suture, your skin is also repairing itself around it. It’s "controlled healing" happening underneath the skin! NovaLyft is utilized to produce a more dramatic and immediate result. The PDO sutures have “barbs” or “cogs”, which provide a grip underneath the skin. Sutures are inserted the same way, except they can be pulled in 1 or 2 directions, creating an instant skin repositioning. Just like the NovaMesh, the skin will then build new collagen which will secure the lift!
Restoring the V-Shape
A beautiful and healthy face has a "V-shape". With the aging of tissues and the action of gravity, this "V-shape" diminishes or inverts. The idea behind the NovaMesh and the NovaLyft technique is to either create a scaffolding in order to support the tissues and keep them in the "V-shape" or where necessary to delicately lift the tissues and reposition the skin to recreate the “V-shape” where it’s been lost.
JuvÉderm® Ultra and Ultra XC
Main Ingredient- Hyaluronic Acid
How It Works- The filler absorbs water, resulting in plumping of the areas in which it is injected.
Common Uses- Great for addressing fine to moderate facial wrinkles as well as adding facial volume. Juvederm is ideal for use on facial areas with thinner skin like the areas around the mouth and nose. Juvederm Ultra XC is used when adding a little volume in the lips. Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is used if you want that fuller lip look. Everyone’s lips are different it is a very artistic technique when using a lip filler in the lips. You want to make sure you communicate with your provider the outcome you are looking for. Remember if you don’t have lip tissue to fill then you will not get a fuller lip. You need to have lip tissue in order to fill that area. Your provider will help you pick the appropriate filler for this area.
How Long Does It Last- Typically between 9 months up to a year after injection
Reversible- Results can be reversed using hyaluronidase injection.
Different Types of Juvederm
There are multiple products within the Juvederm family that are designed for different uses:
- Juvederm Ultra: The original Juvederm formula, Ultra is ideal for treating moderate lines and wrinkles, provides limited contouring and scar correction, and moderate lip enhancement. Results typically can last up to 9 months.
- Juvederm Voluma: The first and only hyaluronic acid (HA) based dermal filler approved by the FDA to instantly increase the volume of the cheeks. Results last up to 2 years with fill correction.
- Juvederm Volbella: A hyaluronic acid gel-based filler that uses patented Vycross technology to smooth lip lines and other fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. Results last up to 12 months after treatment.
- Juvederm Vollure: Juvederm’s newest filler is designed to correct the most severe folds and wrinkles including the nasolabial folds. Results of Vollure can last up to 18 months.
Main Ingredient- Hyaluronic Acid
How It Works- The filler, which is in the Juvederm family. Think of this filler as the finishing touch. You can use this filler as a line eraser and to add definition to the lips. Off label this filler works great in the tear trough area because it doesn’t swell much since, it only absorbs one time it’s weight in water.
Common Uses- Volbella is ideal for smoothing lip lines. While this filler is not intended to add volume to the lips. This filler is used to define the lip border and perfect the perfect lip. Off-label this filler works great in the tear trough area because it doesn’t have a lot of swelling.
How Long Does It Last- Approximately 12 months after injection
Reversible- Results can be reversed using hyaluronidase
Juvederm Volbella is the latest advancement in injectable treatments to add definition to the mouth and outline of the face. Volbella is a smooth gel that softens the lines and wrinkles above, below, and on the lips for a natural-looking feel.
How Does Volbella Work?
Volbella is a hyaluronic acid gel using Vycross technology to fill in lip lines and wrinkles. Because Volbella uses an ultra-fine needle and contains Lidocaine, a local anesthetic, the treatment process allows for minimal discomfort. Volbella is not intended to add volume to the lips. However, patients can combine the treatment with other products such as Juvederm Ultra for a plumping effect.
How Long Do Results Last
Volbella results are immediate and can last up to 12 months.
Main Ingredient- Hyaluronic Acid
How It Works- Voluma, also in the Juvederm family of products. This product is less hydrophilic so it doesn’t attract a lot of water. You will not have a lot of swelling after these injections. This product works great for adding volume mid-face. When lifting the mid-face an added benefit you will see a difference in the jawline lifting and the under-eye area not looking as tired, because this product lifts.
Common Uses- FDA approved for adding volume and contouring the cheeks
How Long Does It Last- Up to 2 years with fill correction
Reversible- Results can be reversed using Hyaluronidase
The good news is that you can do something about the signs of facial aging with a product in the Restylane family — to help reveal a younger-looking you. With minimal downtime and no surgery, products in the Restylane family are used to:
- Provide natural-looking results by smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds and adding volume to lips (Restylane)
- Provide subtle lip enhancement and smooth the lines around them (Restylane Slik)
- Add lift and volume to the cheeks and facial wrinkles and folds (Restylane Lyft)
- Provide natural-looking results to laugh lines with flexibility that allows you to maintain your natural expressions (Restylane Refyne & Restylane Defyne)
Restylane and Restylane-L are for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane® and Restylane-L® are also indicated for injection into the lips in patients over the age of 21.
- Restylane Lyft with Lidocaine is for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies.
- Restylane Silk is for lip augmentation and for the correction of perioral wrinkles.
- Restylane Refyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- Restylane Defyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
Botulinum Toxin can be used for the following:
- Moderate to severe crow’s feet lines around the eyes
- Moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows
- FDA has approved “off label” uses over the years to include frown lines between the brows, horizontal forehead lines, crow’s feet, eyebrow lifts, smoker’s lines on the upper and lower lip, down-turned mouth corners, “gummy” smiles, chin dimpling, under-eye lines and bunny lines on the sides of the nose.
- BOTOX also has more esoteric uses such as bladder incontinence, migraine headaches, excessive teeth grinding, prostate issues, and excessive hand and underarm sweating.
Plan Your Procedure
- Average Cost
- $1,500 - $5,500
- Recovery Time
- 1-5 days
- How Long It Takes
- 1 hour
- Follow Up Time
- 1-7 days